Thank you so much for your kind comments and thoughtful questions.
I’m really getting excited about getting our guided mastermind group going. I’m only inviting people who I feel want to take their leadership to the next level.
I’m assembling a dozen emerging and experienced leaders who want to grow their leadership abilities intentionally. Rather than suffering for decades to grow our effectiveness, we can create and nurture it together.
We’ll meet by phone one hour per week, enjoy a few minutes of introduction teaching, then collaborate on how to apply the principles to our specific challenges.
It’ll be fun, encouraging, enlightening, and effective.
Today’s Principle – Getting the Holdouts to Buy In
Have you ever proposed a change to your team and had one or two holdouts who try to quash your idea? You probably have some who you can count on to oppose every idea.
Meetings can be the bane of productivity. Too many meetings, ineffective meetings, and discouraging meetings interfere with good work. They can suck the morale out of your team. Especially if you have to struggle to get some of your team members to accept your ideas.
One very effective approach to this dilemma is to have a pre-meeting with your naysayer. Sit down with the person and solicit his or her help. Go over your plans, ask for their concerns, get them to help you overcome those concerns, and ask for their help convincing the others.
You can grease the way to consensus by having the meeting before the meeting.
The Big View of Guided Mastermind Groups
From my experience, mastermind groups can help transform a leader from frustrated to encouraged, from struggling to confident, from feeling alone to feeling supported.
The teaching, the reading, the thinking, and the collaboration brings a peace that can’t come from only one of these.
I can’t wait to start.
Here are a few more details:
- The purpose of a mastermind group is to bring together like-minded people who are dedicated and motivated to making effective and lasting changes to their leadership.
The mastermind meets an hour a week, once a week, for 10 weeks as we study the book “Leadership Gold” by John C. Maxwell.
- The meetings are confidential and run professionally with a curriculum and complete respect for each participant’s privacy as well as complete respect for each participant’s time is exercised.
- There is a high level of commitment on my part to deliver the best material to you in the allotted time with the utmost standards of professionalism as well as a level of commitment on your part to come to each meeting on time, prepared, and with a positive attitude.
- As we move through each lesson, as a group we will bring together our ideas and opinions that will help shape and mold our understanding of the material in a way that is far superior to simply reading a book on your own. We will be combining all of our minds to becoming a master mind.
- Your expectation of the 10-week study will be to increase your awareness and understanding on how to evolve into an effective leader – raising the leadership lid to a new level, with complete respect for each participant’s privacy as well as complete respect for each participant’s time.
Watch for my Monday e-mail. You will get all of the details, and the opportunity to register.
Read it if you want the transformational experience.
By the way, I can only fit twelve people. So I’ll be accepting the first twelve.
The make up of the group will be finalized next Friday.
Please forward this to anyone you think could use the help.
As always, your comments and questions are welcome at http:www.DavidDeFord.com/